Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Happy 50th Earth Day

Dear Earth, thank you for inspiring me wherever I go. There so much beauty that I live in perpetual awe. I know that we have not always taken good care of you; in fact, we have managed to hurt you in ways that are incalculable. But now you are getting a break from us all because of Covid19. You deserve it. The sky is clearer. The canals and rivers are resting and repopulating. The whole eco system (macro and micro) is deciding what to do with us. Between climate disruption and pandemics, that should give us pause. Coronavirus living is a big time out for humans. We've all been grounded and sent to our rooms to think about what we have done. Hopefully, we will someday come out of this learning our lessons. You only wish for us to be in harmony with nature. You don't expect a lot from us. It's obvious that all you require is to be homeostasis as well as interdependent and interconnected. I hope we find our way back to that original state of being with you. I hope we all evolve. I don't have any tangible gifts to offer you on this 50th Earth Day Anniversary (next year I will plant a tree in your honor). I can only offer my personal commitment to be an good steward of Earth and continue to advocate for you all of my remaining days; it's the least I can do to say thank you for all the glorious opportunities you have given my soul. 

Forever yours, Kim 


No comments:

Post a Comment